11.09.2010

What's in a name?

Rhinexing (Rhine Crossing), the name of my blog, has been my screen name for just about every occasion online for many years. It stems from my intense and long-running interest in World War II history. I started by reading books on the subject while I was in middle school. The first piece of my militaria collection was a WWII-era front-seam M1 helmet when I was 12 or 13 years old. My collection of American WWII militaria was quite extensive, until I parted with it a few years back due to a divorce.

I've met a lot of people and made many great friends through WWII reenacting and collecting. The most satisfying aspect of the hobby is meeting veterans and hearing about their personal experiences first-hand. Although finances and family obligations have curtailed my hobby expenditures, (both monetarily and time-wise), I have the full support of my new wife regarding my interests. Boy, do I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment